Win Your Vacation Giveaway - OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. To Enter: All new bookings made between September 15 - December 15, 2022, with a participating supplier for travel from January 1 - December 31, 2023, will be automatically entered. Booking must be at a minimum of $1,250 per person to be eligible for CAA Dollars + entry into the giveaway. CAA Dollars: 25 CAA Dollars will be applied per booking up to $1,250. 50 CAA Dollars will be applied per booking of $1,251 NO PURCHASE NECESSARY- To enter the Contest without making a purchase: send a letter with "Enter me in the travel contest" to Fall Travel Contest – CAA Atlantic, 378 Westmorland Road, Saint John, NB E2J 2G4. A limit of $2,500 CAD will be applied to no purchase entries if selected as the winner. To be eligible, your Entry must be received within the Contest Period. All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be entered into the random prize draw. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person permitted during the Contest Period. If it is discovered that you have attempted to submit more than one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period, then (in the sole discretion of the Sponsor) you may be disqualified from the Contest and all of your Entries may be voided. Your Entry will automatically be rejected if the entry is not fully completed in accordance with the Entry method and submitted during the Contest Period. Use of any automated system to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification Each mail-in entry must be a handwritten original. Illegible entries, bulk drop-offs, mechanical reproductions or facsimile entries are ineligible. Each entry must be sent separately and must bear sufficient pre-paid postage. Contest starts at 12:00:01 a.m. Atlantic Time (“AT”) on September 15, 2022 and closes on December 15, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. AT (the “Contest Period”). There is (1) Grand Prize to be won from all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsor is: CAA Atlantic (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”.
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada and be over the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides or eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its/their agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
4. Grand Prize: There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of up to $7,500 CAD in CAA Dollars. Winner may choose to travel alone or with a companion(s). Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, ground transportation, meals, beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover. Flight dates and hotel accommodation are subject to change without notice or compensation. Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Grand Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas if applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion and authority failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that Grand Prize winner and his/her travelling companion(s) obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2023 and the following blackout periods apply: Christmas, New Year’s Eve, March break and Easter. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is up to $7,500 or the equivalent value of the trip booked with CAA Atlantic Travel.
5. Grand Prize (“collectively Prize”) must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is/are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable No change in travel arrangements can be made by the winner once the booking has been confirmed. The Grand Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program. If the winner is a non-member, the first $90 of the $2,500 CAD CAA Dollars credit will go towards a membership to have an account to accept the credit. The offer is not applicable to air-only or group bookings. The offer does not have cash value, cannot be transferred, and is non-refundable.
6. On or after January 3, 2023, at approximately 2:00 p.m. AT, a random draw will take place at CAA Atlantic Headquarters in Saint John, New Brunswick, from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner and each potential winner’s travelling companion(s), as applicable will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations, grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, address, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner and/or travelling companion(s), beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s and/or travelling companion’s, participation in this contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner and/or the travelling companion(s), as applicable, do/does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these official rules and regulations, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify potential winner and/or travelling companion(s), and draw an alternate potential winner and/or travelling companion(s) and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner and travelling companion(s), if applicable, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner and travelling companion(s) has/have been duly selected.
7. By entering this contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these official rules and regulations. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this contest.
8. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, in audible, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with contestants requesting contest official rules and regulations by mail or requesting names of prize winner(s) (for which a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does/do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its/their control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend or suspend the contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the official rules and regulations of this contest without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these official rules and regulations or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves its right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this contest or from downloading any material from the contest web site, where applicable.
9. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this contest. Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be addressed to the Contest Sponsor at 378 Westmorland Rd, Saint John, NB E2J 2G4.
10. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.