Shades of Ireland CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1.The Shades of Ireland contest (the “Contest”) starts at 5:00 p.m. AT on February 27, 2023 and closes at 6:00 p.m. AT on March 11, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2.The Contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and CAA Atlantic Services Ltd (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
3.To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island and be of the age of majority in the province in which they reside. Employees of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, promotional and advertising agencies or of any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest, as well as the parents, siblings and children of any such employees and any person domiciled with such employees, are ineligible to enter. Winners of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the thirty (30) days preceding the winner selection date for this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to participate in the prize) and persons domiciled with any such winners are not eligible to enter or to be selected for a prize and may be disqualified.
4.TO ENTER the Contest, watch “CTV News at 5” each weekday from February 27, 2023 to March 10, 2023, between 5:00 p.m. AT and 6:00 p.m. AT, to view the Contest daily word (the “Daily Word”) posted during the program, and visit the website located at ctvatlantic.ca, click on the Contest page and complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. All entries must include your last name, first name, email address and telephone number, as well as the Daily Word, and must be submitted within twenty-four (24) hours after the applicable Daily Word announcement (the “Entry Period”). If you submit a fully completed Contest entry form during the applicable Entry Period, you will receive one (1) online entry (the “Online Entry”), subject to your compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion). Limit of one (1) Online Entry per individual per Entry Period. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per Entry Period, all your Online Entries will be void.
5.ADDITIONAL ENTRIES: You can receive additional entries into the Contest (the “Additional Entries”) by taking one or several of the actions listed in the chart below. You will be prompted to take these actions on the Contest entry page, after having completed your Online Entry form. You must complete these actions by proceeding via the Contest entry page at ctvatlantic.ca and you may only perform each action once during the Contest Period. If it is discovered that you attempted to exceed this entry limit, all your Additional Entries will be void.
Actions to perform: Number of Additional Entries
Follow @caaatlantic on Instagram 2
Follow @CAA_Atlantic on Twitter 2
Online Entries and Additional Entries shall be referred to as “Entries”, each an “Entry”. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted or social media account used for the purposes of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address or social media account by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.). Illegible Entries are ineligible.
6. PRIZE: There is one (1) prize available to be won (the “Prize”) consisting of a trip for two (2) to Ireland. Trip includes:
• Round trip economy air fare for two (2) departing on September 29, 2023 from Halifax Stanfield International Airport (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point") to Dublin, Ireland and returning to Departure Point on October 8, 2023;
• Sedan service to and from the Prize winner’s residence to the Departure Point;
• Eight (8) nights’ accommodation as part of the Collette Tours’ Shades of Ireland tour (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) as chosen by the Contest Sponsors at their sole discretion; and
• Thirteen (13) meals for Prize winner and travelling companion as part of the Collette Tours’ Shades of Ireland tour.
The Prize winner and the travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, any other transportation, taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, meals and beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance, any required travel documentation, all personal expenses of any kind or nature, and any overnight layover. In the event that the Prize winner resides outside of a 100 km radius of Departure Point, the sedan transportation to and from the Departure Point will not be included and no cash will be provided in lieu thereof. The Prize winner and/or the travelling companion may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in for security deposit/incidentals. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Prize winner and the travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and the travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements, as applicable. The Prize winner and their travelling companion are solely responsible for travel insurance (including medical coverage) and for complying with any travel notices/advisories, including but not limited to the Government of Canada’s Travel Advisory for Ireland (available at https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/ireland). Prize winner and the travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion and authority, failing which the Prize will be forfeited. Trip must be taken between September 29, 2023, and October 8, 2023. The Prize winner and the travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion and authority, failing which the Prize will be forfeited. The travelling companion must be twelve (12) years of age or older in order to participate in the Prize. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $9,998.00 CAD based on a Halifax departure. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the Prize winner once their booking has been confirmed. Travel must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to departure date. The Prize will be remitted to the winner in the form of a travel certificate. The travel certificate is subject to the terms and conditions of its issuer and is not redeemable during blackout periods. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program.
7. Before being able to participate in the Prize, the travelling companion, or if under the age of majority, the travelling companion’s parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, they have read and understood these Rules, grant all consents required, agree to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorize the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use their name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the travelling companion, beyond their participation in the Prize, accept the Prize as offered and release the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize.
8. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. Prize winner acknowledges that upon awarding of the Prize, all obligations typically borne by the provider of services or goods become that provider’s responsibility.
9. DRAW: On March 13, 2023, at approximately 10:00 a.m. AT, a random draw for the Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc., Halifax, N.S. from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The first Entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that they may have won the Prize by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the draw, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
10. In order to be declared the winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, they have read, understood and complied with these Rules, grant all consents required, agree to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsors and/or similar matters, authorize the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use such a potential winner’s name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accept the Prize as offered and release the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than March 17, 2023. The number of actual Prizes awarded may be less than the number of available Prizes, should efforts to confirm a winner be unsuccessful, in accordance with these Rules.
11. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
12. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s) and related timekeeping systems of the Contest Sponsors. Broadcast delays may occur, including depending on the means used to listen to the radio (e.g., analog radio vs. online streaming). Contest Sponsors will not be held liable in any way for such delays. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website.
14. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the Shades of Ireland Contest
No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 5:00 p.m. AT on February 27, 2023, and closes at 6:00 p.m. AT on March 11, 2023. Open to legal residents of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island, Canada who are of the age of majority in the province in which they reside. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approximate retail value of the prize is $9,998.00 CAD based on a Halifax departure. Odds of winning the prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period. Complete contest rules and entry available at https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/contest9.