Legal Expense Insurance
It's no secret that the potential costs of a legal dispute can deter you from pursuing your rights. But with Legal Expense Insurance, you can rest easy knowing that you’re only a phone call away from a lawyer.
When Would Legal Expense Insurance Help Me?
- You and your neighbour can’t agree on the property line, and s/he is now constructing a shed that sits partially on your land
- Your home renovation did not go as planned
- You receive an audit notification from the CRA and want to know your rights
What Exactly Does Legal Expense Insurance Cover?
- Unlimited access to a legal helpline, where lawyers provide legal advice from 8 a.m. until midnight, seven days a week. You can receive guidance from lawyers on any matter, whether the situation is covered or not¹
CAA Legal Coverage Includes:
- Auto Contract Disputes
If you are facing problems with the buyer or the seller of an insured vehicle, with the garage or dealership where it was repaired, or with a lease return.
- Non-Auto Contract Disputes
If you face a dispute relating to obtaining services, selling or buying goods from merchants and contractors.
- Property Protection
If you are experiencing legal nuisances or trespass, or if someone caused physical damage to your property.
- Bodily Injury
If someone caused you or your family bodily injury and you wish to take action against them.
- Tax Protection
If you wish to appeal a decision from the Canada Revenue Agency, or if you are facing an audit on your personal tax affairs.
- UNLIMITED Access to General Legal Advice
Advice and guidance are just a phone call away! You will always receive general legal advice, even if your issue is not covered by the policy.
Full Coverage Documents
Limit of Insurance - $50,000 per claim, $250,000 annual aggregate.
DAS Legal Protection Inc. (DAS) acts as the insurance manager for CAA Legal Coverage and CAA Legal Plus Coverage and has the authority to administer claims.
Certain conditions, exclusions and underwriting eligibility rules apply.
Please note that to read these Policy Documents you must have the free Adobe Reader installed on your system. Download the Adobe Reader