Devour! on the Rhine with Chef Michael Howell
Join Chef Michael Howell for food and wine-inspired travel from May 19-27, 2021. Devour! on the river with CAA Travel and AmaWaterways is sure to be a memorable Rhine River cruise for you and your taste buds.
Priced from $5,355* CAD per person.
Book before Jan. 8, 2020, and save $125CAD per person.
Plus, save an additional $100CAD per person with the Devour! Loyalty Discount.
For more than 25 years Michael has been a leading chef across the United States, Canada and The Bahamas, has won many prestigious culinary awards and titles within the food and tourism industry and owned and operated a successful restaurant. Michael will host this trip with Lia Rinaldo, the managing director who has a 30-year career in the film industry and a passion for food culture.
- Exclusive Devour! events; the ultimate food, wine and film experience
- Arrive in Zurich, transfer to hotel for pre cruise stay at the Schweizerhor or Marriott in Zurich
- Welcome Reception at the hotel
- Daily Buffet Breakfast at the hotel
- Little Big City tour of Zurich
- Embarkation on the AmaMora
- 7 nights deluxe cruise accommodation in a river view stateroom (balconies available as well)
- Onboard gratuities
- Port charges and all local taxes
- Guests receive a special cabin gift
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access onboard & complimentary internet access in all staterooms
- Enjoy AMA’s signature “Sip n Sail” cocktail hour with complimentary wine, beer and spirits
- Gourmet dining with all meals included during your cruise with complimentary local beer, wine and soft drinks during lunch & dinner.
- Welcome Dinner and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Expertly guided shore excursions with choices to tailor your experiences as you wish
- Special highlights including lectures, theme dinners, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and afternoon/evening piano music
- May 19, Zurich. Arrive, transfer to Hotel and Check in.
- May 20, Zurich. City tour of Zurich.
- May 20, Basel - St. Johan. Transfer to the ship. Embarkation.
- May 21, Breisach. Riquewihr excursion, or Freiburg excursion, or Breisach wine country bike tour, or Black Forest excursion.
- May 22, Strasbourg. “The Gem of Alsace” tour, or Strasbourg bike tour.
- May 23, Ludwigshafen. “Romantic Heidelberg” excursion, or Heidelberg Philosopher’s hike, or “Secrets of Speyer” tour.
- May 23, Rüdesheim. Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Museum, or Rüdesheimer Coffee.
- May 24, Rüdesheim. Gondola ride and wine tasting, or Schloss Johannisberg bike tour, or Vineyard hike.
- May 24, Rhine Gorge. Castles along the Rhine scenic cruising.
- May 25, Lahnstein. Lahneck Castle Visit.
- May 25 Cologne. “Holy City” walking tour and cathedral visit, or Kölsch Beer tasting, or Cologne bike tour.
- May 26, Amsterdam. Canal cruise tour, or Jordaan walking tour.
- May 27, Amsterdam. Disembarkation. Transfer to Airport, return to your original destination.
Pricing in Canadian Dollars, based on double occupancy:
- Category E: $5355CAD p/person (Fixed window) 160 sq. ft. Piano Deck
- Category D: $5612CAD p/person (Fixed window) 160 sq. ft. Piano Deck
- Category CB: $5955CAD p/person (French Balcony) 155 sq. ft. Violin Deck
- Category CA: $6213CAD p/person (French Balcony) 170 sq. ft. Violin/Cello Deck
- Category BB: $6728CAD p/person (French Balcony and Outside Balcony) 210 sq. ft. Cello Deck
- Category BA: $6900CAD p/person (French Balcony and Outside Balcony) 210 sq. ft. Violin Deck
- Category AB: $7071CAD p/person (French Balcony and Outside Balcony) 235 sq. ft. Cello Deck
- Category AA: $7243CAD p/person (French Balcony and Outside Balcony) 235 sq. ft. Violin Deck
- Category SS: $8445CAD p/person (French Balcony and Outside Balcony) 350 sq. ft. Violin Deck
Other categories may be available, please inquire for pricing and availability. Single pricing available upon request but may be limited.
$1,250CAD per person non-refundable deposit due to CAA within 7 days of booking.
Second deposit of $1,250CAD per person due to CAA on and final payment due to CAA September 1, 2020
Final payment due Nov. 20, 2020
All deposit(s) and final payments are 100% nonrefundable once paid.
Not Included: Return airfare, air taxes, optional travel protection, items of a personal nature, meals not mentioned above, optional touring and transfers should you travel separately from the group.
Pricing is per person, based on double/twin occupancy, a limited number of single cabins available for a supplement, please inquire. Tours are arranged on a minimum number of passengers.