Christmas Markets on the Danube
Join CAA Travel and AmaWaterways on an escorted Christmas Markets on the Danube river cruise Nov. 27 – Dec. 6, 2020.
Priced from $4,602* CAD per person.
Early booking discount of $75 CAD per person when booked before Sept. 15, 2019. **
CAA Members get an additional discount of $50 per person.**
Past AmaWaterways guests save $100 per person.**
Experience timeless holiday traditions and elegant pageantry in four countries—Hungary, Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic. Let iconic capital cities—Budapest, Vienna and Prague—decked in holiday finery with glittering Christmas trees illuminated by thousands of lights, bells pealing from cathedral towers and children dressed as angels singing Christmas carols, dazzle you. Wander the stalls of Europe’s most traditional and enchanting Christmas Markets, including Nuremberg, Regensburg and Salzburg, shopping for handcrafted toys and gifts, sipping hot mulled wine and inhaling the fragrance of gingerbread and roasted chestnuts. Cherish all the glory and magic of the season in grand European style as you cruise along the Danube during this festive time of the year.
- Nov 27, Prague: Arive, check into Hotel.
- Nov 28, Prague: City tour of Prague.
- Nov 29, Prague-Vilshofen: Tansfer from hotel via motor coach to Vilshofen. Enroute visit Regensburg for a walking tour and Christmas Market. Embarkation – AmaMagna Exclusive Oktoberfest celebration.
- Nov 30, Passau: “City of Three Rivers” walking tour and Christmas markets OR Passau hike or bike tour.
- Dec 01, Linz: UNESCO City of Media Arts walking our and Christmas markets OR Salzburg excursion with Hellbrunn Palace Christmas markets.
- Dec 02, Weissenkirchen: Durnstein walking tour with wine tasting OR Weissenkirchen to Melk bike tour with a Melk Benedictine Abbey visit.
- Dec 03, Vienna: "Imperial Vienna” tour with Town Hall Christmas market OR Alte Donau bike tour. Artisan and Schonbrunn illuminated Christmas markets.
- Dec 04, Bratislava: Coronation city walking tour with Christmas markets OR Tastes of Slovakia OR Bratislava Castle hike.
- Dec 05, Budapest: “Queen of the Danube” tour and Vorosmarty Square Christmas market OR Castle hike. Illuminations cruise at night.
- Dec 06, Budapest: Disembarkation, return to Canada.
- Seven nights deluxe cruise accommodation in a river-view stateroom onboard the NEW AMA Magna
- Tour the cities of Prague, Vienna and Budapest
- Expertly guided shore excursions with choices to tailor your experiences as you wish
- Welcome dinner and Captain’s gala dinner
- Gourmet dining with all meals included during your cruise including local beer, wine and soft drinks during lunch and dinner
- Enjoy AMA’s signature “Sip n Sail” cocktail hour with complimentary selection of beverages on five evenings one hour before dinner
- Special highlights including lectures, theme dinners, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and afternoon/evening piano music
- Welcome reception and daily buffet breakfast at hotel
- Escorted from Atlantic Canada
- Transfers on arrival and departure dates
- Motor coach transfer to Vilshofen, embarkation on the AMA Magna
- Onboard gratuities, port charges and all local taxes
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access onboard, and internet access in staterooms
- Bottled water in every stateroom, replenished daily
Canadian dollars, based on double occupancy.
- Category E: $4,602CAD p/person (Fixed window) 205 sq. ft. Piano Deck
- Category D: $4,995CAD p/person (Fixed window) 205 sq. ft. Piano Deck
- Category AB: $6,097CAD p/person (Outside Balcony) 252 sq. ft. Cello Deck
- Category AA: $6,254CAD p/person (Outside Balcony) 252 sq. ft. Violin Deck
$1,250CAD per person non- refundable deposit due to CAA within 7 days of booking.
Second deposit of $1,250CAD per person due to CAA on May 1, 2020.
Final payment due to CAA on July 15, 2020.
Not included: Return airfare, air taxes, optional travel protection, items of a personal nature, meals not mentioned above, optional touring and transfers should you travel separately from the group.
*Pricing is per person, based on double/twin occupancy. Tours are arranged on a minimum number of passengers. Other categories may be available, please inquire for pricing and availability. Single pricing available upon request.
**These discounts are combinable.