Flavours of Portugal & Spain River Cruise
Two iconic cities, Lisbon and Madrid, perfectly bookend an escorted grand journey through Portugal and Spain with CAA Travel, AmaWaterways and the Friends of Jim Myles from Sept. 26 – Oct. 9, 2020.
Book now and save $100CAD per person (offer ends June 15, 2019.)
Priced from $7,453CAD per person
Cosmopolitan Lisbon offers a treasure trove of Old World architecture and a wealth of stories about its famed explorers. Then there’s the seaside town of Sintra, one of the loveliest mountain villages in Portugal, and a favourite summer residence of the Portuguese royal family for more than 500 years. Set sail in Porto, the beautiful “City of Bridges” and gateway to the Douro River Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with rambling vineyards and charming quintas, which cling to the steep sides of the river. Taste wines from these vineyards and discover the timeless traditions of Portuguese winemaking throughout your journey before visiting some of Spain’s glorious cities: the golden-hued city of Salamanca, the ancient-walled city of Toledo, and cosmopolitan Madrid, renowned for its world-class museums, stately gardens and lively tapas bars.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Sept. 26: Arrive in Lisbon and transfer to hotel
- Sept. 27: City tour of Lisbon
- Sept. 28: Excursion to Sintra
- Sept. 29: Take train ride to Porto, transfer to vessel and embark on the AMA Vida
- Sept. 30: City of Bridges tour and port wine tasting OR Porto hike with wine tasting
- Oct. 1: Free time in Porto, sail to Entre-os-Rio and enjoy a special dinner at local Quinta
- Oct. 2: Morning sail to Regua, afternoon excurions of Lamego or Lamego Steps Hike
- Oct. 3: Mateus Palace & Gardens excursion, sail into Pinhao and enjoy Local quinta wine tasting
- Oct. 4: Pinhão Train Station Hike and lunch at Quinta de Avessada
- Oct. 5: Sail to Vega Terron – Castelo Rodrigo tour with tasting of regional fare OR Castelo Rodrigo hike with tasting of regional fare
- Oct. 6: Disembarkation. Transfer to Madrid. Full-day excursion to Salamanca with flamenco show and enjoy a special dinner at local Quinta
- Oct. 7: Tour of Madrid
- Oct. 8: Toledo excursion
- Oct. 9: Return to Canada
Early booking discount - $100CAD if booked before June 15, 2019
Friends of Jim discount - $50CAD
Past AMA Waterways guest discount - $125
- Category E**: $7,453CAD per person (panoramic window) 161 sq. ft. Douro deck
- Category D: $7,759CAD per person (panoramic window) 161 sq. ft. Douro deck
- Category B: $8,989CAD per person (step-out balcony) 215 sq. ft. Lisbon deck
- Category A: $9,297CAD per person (step-out balcony) 215 sq. ft. Porto deck
- Category Suite: $10,907 CAD per person (step-out balcony) 323 sq. ft. Porto deck
*Pricing based on double occupancy. Single occupancy pricing available upon request. Not included: return airfare, air taxes, optional travel protection, items of a personal nature, meals not mentioned above, optional touring and transfers should you travel separately from the group.
**Other categories may be available, please inquire for pricing and availability.
Deposit of $1,250CAD per person due to CAA within seven days of booking. Second deposit of $1,250CAD per person due to CAA on March 16, 2020. Final payment due to CAA on May 15, 2020.