Enticing Douro River Cruise
Cruise from Porto to Porto through Portugal and Spain, plus spend three nights in Lisbon.
This seven-night AmaWaterways™ cruise from Oct. 14-24, 2020 will take you through rambling vineyards and charming native farms clinging to the steep sides of the Douro River Valley to one of Europe’s most unspoiled regions and to Port country - the world’s oldest demarcated wine region.
Priced from $5,899* CAD
Book before DD/MM/YY and save $75CAD per person.**
AmaWaterways past guests save $100CAD per person.**
Visit colourful Lisbon, the city that launched countless explorers, Porto, the beautiful “City of Bridges,” and Salamanca, the “Golden City.” Taste wines from historic wineries and soak up the genuine beauty of one of Europe’s most unadulterated landscapes on this river cruise.
- October 14: Lisbon, hotel check-in.
- October 15: Lisbon, “City of Seven Hills" tour.
- October 16: Lisbon, Royal Sintra excursion with Pena National Palace visit.
- October 17: Lisbon, motorcoach to Porto. Tomar, castle visit. Porto, embarkation.
- October 18: Régua, Mateus Palace.
- October 19: Barca d’Alva, Castelo Rodrigo tour with tasting of regional fare, or Castelo Rodrigo hike with tasting of regional fare.
- October 20: Vega de Terrón, Salamanca excursion with flamenco show and lunch.
- October 21: Pinhão, Quinta de Avessada lunch and port wine tasting.
- October 22: Régua, Lamego tour and Bôlas tasting, or Holy Staircase hike and Bôlas tasting. Entre-os-Rios, Special dinner at local Quinta.
- October 23: Porto, “City of Bridges” tour with Port wine tasting, or Porto hike with Port wine tasting.
- October 24: Porto, disembarkation.
- 3-night hotel in Lisbon and 7-night river cruise.
- Scheduled tours/excursions.
- Three nights hotel in Lisbon and seven nights luxury accommodation during cruise.
- Regionally-inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients.
- Welcome cocktail, welcome dinner, Captain's cocktail and gala dinner.
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner.
- Entertainment-on-demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations.
- Personalized service from a highly-trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs.
- Sun deck with pool and fitness room.
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances.
Rates are based on DOUBLE occupancy in CAD per person includes hotel in Lisbon:
- Cabin Category E: $5,899
- Cabin Category D: $6,178
- Cabin Category C: $6,829
- Cabin Category B: $7,294
- Cabin Category A: $7,573
- Cabin Category Suite: $9,061
Rates are based on SINGLE occupancy in CAD per person includes hotel in Lisbon:
- Cabin Category E: $8,279
- Cabin Category D: $8,697
- Cabin Category C: $9,673
Not included: Return airfare, air taxes, optional travel protection, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned in itinerary and optional touring opportunities and transfers should you travel separately from the group on different dates.
* Cruise and land only, based on double occupancy, limited single spaces available. Transfers included on day of tour dates only.
**These discounts are combinable.